Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Relentless

Working the night shift means that I usually sleep and wake at very odd hours, so it was this afternoon that I woke up and decided to listen to a bit of music as I started my day. I was listening to a song this called You Won’t Relent  by an artist by the name of Misty Edwards and it struck me that the lyrics seemed to be true for my own life.

The lyrics are fairly simple, and not to my surprise some of them are derived from Song of Solomon, specifically chapter 7 verse 6-7

You wont relent until you have it all,
My heart is yours.
You won’t relent until you have it all,
My heart is yours.

I’ll set you as a seal upon my heart, as a seal upon my arm.
For there is love that is as strong as death,
Jealousy demanding as the grave,
And many waters cannot quench this love

You wont relent until you have it all,
My heart is yours,
You wont relent until you have it all,
My heart is yours.

Come be the fire inside of me
Come be the flame upon my heart
Come be the fire inside of me
Until you and I are one

It seems as though God relentlessly pursues me, or rather has perhaps placed a seed within myself that is growing to relentlessly pursue God. I truly desire to 

A lover so jealous, jealous to the point of death, yet with the restraint to wait until we choose to fully enter into the relationship. God wants all of us, but is willing to wait, to wait until we can say “My heart is yours, come be the flame upon my heart, come be the fire inside of me, until you and I are one.”


How painful is it to love someone and know that they do not love you to the same degree, or perhaps at all, how painful is it to remain in a quasi-relationship? Yet there God waits, hoping, perhaps prodding, but ultimately leaving the decision up to us because a forced love is just as unsatisfying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment